March 13, 2015
MOSQUITO BITE COUNT: It makes so much sense! Check this out.
THINGS I LEARNED TODAY:
• I found Tio Pan café on my own!! Martina and I had visited this café the very night I arrived. We walked there when it was somewhat dark and I’d been wondering all this while where that café was. I had tried to find it a few times when I went for walks but wasn’t successful. Then I found it on my own while trying to chase the sun that was setting on the mountain. And to think, it’s only a 5 minute walk from home!
• That I’m human and very imperfect. My patience isn’t where I need it to be
• Jose Luis has free wi-fi and a café
• Those nice swanky houses up the road are being built by
WHAT I’M GRATEFUL FOR:
• The day I had with my family on Friday. Honestly, if it weren’t for that rejuvenation I certainly would have fallen apart.
• Finding the hidden gems (wi-fi and café) at Jose Luis. Yep, you better believe that after the day I had, I got a grilled chicken sandwich with a nice piece of chocolate cake
• My grandmother who said, “You know, I think 5 weeks is very long time. Next time two weeks is okay. You away too long. Come back, I miss you.” Aww, Avo. I miss you too!
• Brad’s listening ears and open heart, ready to console and encourage. We’re so connected that sometimes I worry that he lives through all of the emotions and experiences with me
• Internet connection so that I could call Avo and Brad. I know we’re in an age were the Internet is severing quality relationships and good communication but in my circumstances it has helped bring my far away loved ones closer together with me
• The evening walk I got to take. I was so determined to try to catch the sun setting on the mountain behind us that I walked for a long time before I realized that it’d be better if I tried again another day. I discovered some really nice houses and a terrific view none-the-less.
Father, please give me the wisdom I need to respond to these kids with compassion. Help me to learn what patience really means and to apply it in all circumstances. Fill me with the hope and encouragement I need to get through and conquer another day.
• Any tips on how to manage anxiety?
• Suggestions on how to improve my patience?